IT Officer in Kenya
The IT Officer will work closely with the Operations Manager to ensure effective and efficient provision of IT technical support, maintenance of IT systems and networks for the organisation.
- Coordinate purchase and installation of ICT equipment and networking requirements
- Ensure the required performance and stability of network services and servers (LAN, WAN, messaging, Internet connectivity, VPN, etc.), to prevent and minimize downtime or service interruption
- Assist in troubleshooting hardware and software problems and resolve as appropriate and facilitate maintenance, reviews and upgrades of the hardware and software.
- Ensure security of the entire ICT system and integrity of all data, and enforce software and hardware security measures.
- Monitor use of ICT at LCA and ensure compliance by users to the ICT policy
- Coordinate with the M&E team to ensure data requirements are captured accurately and stored electronically in a structure manner.
- Facilitate and coordinate digitization of data and records at LCA
- Ensure compliance with all forms of ICT licensing agreements
- Facilitate training and capacity building of staff on ICT
Who we are looking for
- You hold a relevant Bachelor’s Degree in ICT, Computer Science or Computer Technology from a recognized university
- You are a certified by a relevant professional regulator, e.g. CIPS membership
- You have a Minimum 2 years relevant work experience, preferably in a
You have the cultural fit to join our team if
- You proactively initiate action when you see a problem, regardless of whether it is “your job” or not. You enjoy working with minimal supervision.
- You have genuine passion, love and respect for the people we serve
- You have clear communication and can work with people from diverse cultures
- You possess strong leadership, analytical and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team, assess priorities, and manage multiple activities with attention to detail
Why work with us?
- Be part of scaling a community-led health model across Western Kenya and beyond
- Lwala has a very collegiate and amiable working environment
- Join a passionate team with high ethical standards and personal integrity
- We offer a welfare package relevant to Migori’s realities: Medical treatment at Lwala Community Hospital using NHIF, reimbursable medical referral scheme, pension scheme, Group Personal Accident/ WIBA cover, staff meals are provided (tea and lunch)
The role is based in our main office next to the hospital in Rongo. We are around 12 km from the nearest town (Rongo) where most of our team lives. We are looking for someone who is excited about living and working in a rural setup for a minimum of 2-3 years.
Want to apply?
Please email your CV, a cover letter, availability and salary expectations to
The Talent Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 30th June, 2019.