Executive Assistant / Office Manager
Title: Executive Assistant / Office Manager
Reports to: Ash Rogers, Executive Director
Other Information: Position available at 20+ hours/week, with options for a full-time, salaried role
Lwala Community Alliance (Lwala) is a community-led innovator proving that when communities lead, change is drastic and lasting.
Lwala village, a small community in rural western Kenya, founded the organization as a response to extreme health challenges. The region experiences some of the highest HIV, maternal mortality, and infant morality rates in East Africa. As such, community members built their area’s first health center.
From these humble beginnings, we are now the largest provider of health services for a population of over 90,000. The work extends far beyond the original hospital as we support communities in their homes, schools, and farms to advance their own comprehensive well-being. We address the complex causes of poor health through a multi-dimensional strategy, which engages community members in driving their own change.
The Executive Assistant / Office Manager, is an extension of the ED, whose purpose is to make the executive team a better, faster, stronger, and more effective unit by creating capacity for senior leaders to focus on the most important things and to serve as a sounding board in important situations. The Executive Assistant oversees Nashville-based interns and supports executive team scheduling, office administration, workflow coordination, donation processing, and HR processes and may be exposed to sensitive organization information others on the team may not be privy to.
Assist Executive Director:
- Manage ED’s workflow and priorities by managing his/her calendar and anticipating steps ahead
- Support scheduling for the ED, US Team Meeting, and Leadership Team Meetings and for the MD and Impact Director as needed.
- Provide ED leverage in moving projects forward by assisting with information gathering, communicating with different parties, developing and monitoring plans, keeping track of responsibilities and so on
- Support organization of team meetings and take notes as needed
- Track, communicate and arrange travel for ED, MD, and Impact Director
- Coordinate board meeting logistics and board book compilation
- Assist in research and preparation for conferences
- Manage donor database
- Process donor payments and monthly donations
- Assist with mailings and special campaigns
- Coordinate, track and mail donor thank you
- Assist with special events
- Facilitate monthly wire transfer, pay invoices, cut checks, pay credit card balances
- Support reconciliation of donor database with accounting records
- Ensure registrations, certificates, insurance policies, and other forms of compliance are up to date
- Supervise Nashville-based interns and volunteers
- Open, sort, and track incoming mail correspondence
- Oversee human resource functions for US staff of four: policies, health insurance, retirement program, compliance, etc.
- Order and maintain office supplies
- Assist in all aspects of general office coordination
- Perform general clerical duties to include, but not limited to: errand running, purchasing, printing, copying, mailing.
**Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in relevant field preferred
Skills and Experience
- Strong written and oral communication
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work independently
- At least 2 years of office work experience, preferably in an executive assistant or office manager role
- Ability to manage multiple task with varying deadlines
- Experience working with Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) software and running donor queries preferred
- Detail and task-oriented
- Optimistic, positive, and resilient
- High level of patience, with ability to quickly react to unexpected priorities
- Demonstrated interest in global health, international development or social justice
- Sound judgment and professional maturity
- Resourcefulness, creativity and strong problem-solving skills
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Current CV/resume
- Letter of Interest detailing related skills and experience
- 3 professional references with name, title, email, phone contact, and relationship to the applicant
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled