Lwala Community Alliance (Lwala) is a community-led innovator proving that when communities lead, change is drastic and lasting. Founded by Kenyans, Lwala’s team now has 90 staff members and engages over 200 community health workers. We have leveraged this bottom-up, multidimensional approach in an all-out effort to drastically reduce maternal and child mortality! We are tackling the key drivers of deaths gender inequity, barriers to education, poverty, unplanned pregnancies, unskilled deliveries, and delayed treatment of childhood illnesses. We are on a 5-year strategic initiative to scaling our community-led health model to reach 1,000,000 people by 2020.
Position: Pharmaceutical Technologist
Lwala is currently seeking for qualified and competent candidates to take up a temporary position within the Pharmacy Department.
Reports to: Pharmaceutical Technologist In-Charge
Location: Lwala Community Hospital
- Update the formulary of drugs and supplies in collaboration with clinical staff and Ministry protocols to meet hospital needs.
- Compile and analyze consumption data to identify patterns of over or under-consumption.
- Monitor stock levels of essential drugs, and manage/rotate stock to minimize expiry. Secure stocks to minimize loss and damage.
- Maintain paper stock cards and electronic management system.
- Participate in clinical staff meetings and committee.
- Dispense medicine to patients. Instruct patients on how and when to take the medicines they receive according to the prescription and doctor’s instructions.
- Pre-pack medicines where possible, removing the medicine from its bulk packaging and repackaging it for distribution.
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of stock room and dispensing room.
- Provide stock cards and daily and weekly consumption report forms.
- A Holder of Diploma in Pharmacy from the Kenya Medical Training College
- At least 2 years’ relevant work experience in a busy hospital
- Must be registered with the Pharmacy and Poisons Board
- Ability to use computer applications such as MS Office Suite, WebEDT or other commodity tracking software
- Ability to prepare reports for donor-funded initiatives
Application procedure: Send your cover letter and CV, stating your suitability for the position to The Talent Engagement Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th July, 2020.