Executive Assistant / Office Manager
U.S. - Nashville, TN
Title: Executive Assistant / Office Manager
Reports to: Ash Rogers, Co-CEO
Location: based in Nashville, TN, USA (largely remote)
Other Information: Part-time, flexible hours
Lwala Community Alliance (Lwala) is a community-led innovator proving that when communities lead, change is drastic and lasting. We work with communities in an all-out effort to drastically reduce child and maternal mortality while proving that bottom-up approaches can effect systems change. Our dedicated, passionate and multicultural team of professionals and Community Health Workers bring together decades of work experience in global health, research, and operations management. Over the coming five years, we will be expanding our impact to reach over 1 million people in Migori county while contributing our expertise to developments in global health.
As a team member at Lwala, you can expect to make a difference through your work, and to have a direct impact on the achievement of our mission. You will enjoy a flexible and amiable work environment where everyone’s contribution matters and have an opportunity for career and self-development. We believe that growth is only possible through collaboration and consultation and our team is the most important to us.
The Executive Assistant / Office Manager is an extension of the US-based Co-CEO, whose purpose is to make the executive team a better, faster, stronger, and more effective unit by creating capacity for senior leaders to focus on the most important things and to serve as a sounding board in important situations. The Executive Assistant oversees Nashville-based interns and manages HR processes, executive team scheduling, office administration, workflow coordination, and donation processing, and may be exposed to sensitive organization information others on the team may not be privy to.
Assist US-based Co-CEO:
- Manage Co-CEO’s workflow and priorities by managing his/her calendar and anticipating steps ahead
- Support scheduling for the Co-CEO, US Team Meeting, and Leadership Team Meetings and for Kenya-based Co-CEO and Impact Director as needed.
- Provide Co-CEO leverage in moving projects forward by assisting with information gathering, communicating with different parties, developing and monitoring plans, keeping track of responsibilities and so on
- Support organization of team meetings and take notes as needed
- Track, communicate and arrange travel for Co-CEOs and Impact Director
- Coordinate board meeting logistics and board book compilation
- Assist in research and preparation for conferences
- Oversee human resource functions for a growing US team
- Stay up to date on legal policies and compliance, keeping the team informed
- Develop internal human resource policies and systems
- Assist in managing health insurance, retirement program, etc.
- Cultivate a positive working environment and look after the health, safety and welfare of all team members
- Manage donor database
- Process donor payments and monthly donations
- Assist with mailings and special campaigns
- Coordinate, track and mail donor thank you’s
- Assist with special events
- Support reconciliation of donor database with accounting records
- Ensure registrations, certificates, insurance policies, and other forms of compliance are up to date
- Supervise Nashville-based interns and volunteers
- Open, sort, and track incoming mail correspondence
- Order and maintain office supplies
- Assist in all aspects of general office coordination
- Perform general clerical duties to include, but not limited to, errand running, purchasing, printing, copying, mailing.
**Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in relevant field preferred
Skills and Experience
- Strong written and oral communication
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work independently
- At least 2 years of office work experience, preferably in an executive assistant or office manager role
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with varying deadlines
- Experience working with Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) software and running donor queries preferred
- Detail and task-oriented
- Optimistic, positive, and resilient
- High level of patience, with ability to quickly react to unexpected priorities
- Demonstrated interest in global health, international development or social justice
- Sound judgment and professional maturity
- Resourcefulness, creativity and strong problem-solving skills
While this position is largely remote until further notice, some in-office / in-person work will be required such as checking the mail and depositing checks.
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
• Current CV/resume
• Letter of Interest detailing related skills and experience
• 3 professional references with name, title, email, phone contact, and relationship to the applicant
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.