Assistant Program Coordinator – Adolescents and Youth
Reporting to the Program Coordinator – Adolescent and Youth, the Deputy Program Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing both the in-school and out of school Adolescent and Youth programming at Lwala Community Alliance. This is a senior level responsibility and will entail strategic thinking and implementation of A&Y programming at Lwala, program planning, implementation, monitoring and resource mobilization and management of teams. He/ she will identify and coordinate community relations that will enhance A&Y programming. He/she will also oversee supported projects in schools.
- Program Development, Implementation & Management
- Support the design and development of the adolescent and youth program acting as a thought leader and technical expert in emerging trends in adolescent and youth programming
- Participation in preparation and management of the program’s annual budget and work plan. Develop implementation plans and track program activity delivery ensuring that they are within defined budgets, time and achievement of defined outcomes
- Lead in implementation and periodic review of operations plans and budgets for adolescent and youth program at Lwala.
- Monitor and review the unit’s expenditure to ensure that it is allocable, allowable, reasonable and within budget and in line with the current financial policy.
- Identify, develop, coordinate and implement high impact adolescent and youth initiatives including high-quality monitoring and evaluation; and advocacy, communications, and social mobilization that scale the impact across Migori county.
- Participate in project work as a technical expert in the area of Adolescent and youth program integration, building the capacity of the staff in the selected areas within Migori County
- Ensure integration of the adolescent and youth program and with other programs within the organization exemplifying high levels of collaboration across programs.
- Working with the available resources; draw and/or review all implementation protocols and curriculums within adolescent and youth program for standardized implementation and keeping current with trends in A&Y programming.
- Working with the MOE, BOM and other existing structures and organizations; facilitate improved quality of learning and the learning environment, leadership and skills development for adolescent and youths with direct efforts of increasing number of learners completing tertiary education
- Represent the program at county, partner and technical meetings and support donor visits as designated by the supervisor and/or Lwala leadership team
- Quality Assurance, Monitoring Evaluation Research and Learning
- Ensure standardized high-quality reporting and documentation of all activities, meetings and trainings conducted within the program and cultivate/ nurture the culture of use of data for decision making.
- Participate in DQAs, QI and other quality check activities and ensure continuous improvement of program quality and timely and accurate data.
- Support monitoring and evaluation initiatives and activities including but not limited to submission of monthly scorecards, Success stories and quarterly reports.
- Participate in the periodic review of performance metrics with the M&E team and support documentation and dissemination of appropriate case studies, best practices and lessons.
- Participate in identification, development and packaging of knowledge products in the area of A&Y programming for internal and external sharing and inform practices in the sector.
- Team Management
- Support the program coordinator in directly supervising the whole adolescent and youth program and any other staff that may be assigned from time to time.
- Maintain procurement protocols for the team to ensure efficient and ethical purchasing of supplies, equipment, and service contracts.
- Support fundraising and resource mobilization initiatives including provision of appropriate data and information needed to develop concept papers and proposals.
- Model effective leadership to the team, including the principles of collaborative partnerships, and ensure timely completion of project deliverables.
Qualifications & Experience
- Level of Education/Academic Qualification
- A Bachelor’s degree in Clinical Medicine and Surgery or Nursing
- Masters degree in a relevant field (Public Health, Population Studies, Community Development etc) will be an added advantage
- Specialized Training/Professional Qualifications
- Post Graduate Diploma in any of the following areas: Project Planning and Management, Development
- Studies or Community Development, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Any trainings on the following areas: family planning, advocacy and demand creation, sexual and gender-based violence or Adolescent and Youth Sexual and Reproductive Health.
- Other Competencies/Abilities/Skills Required
- Project management skills.
- Good interpersonal and public relation skills, respect for communities and able to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Share passion for mission and vision of the organization
- Self-directing and able to work independently, under pressure with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ease with rural working environment
- Relevant Work Experience
- At least five (5) years post-graduation experience in a management position within a busy NGO
Applications: Send your cover letter and CV stating your suitability for the position to the Talent Engagement Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 25th March, 2021. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.